Sam Concepcion shares first screen kiss with Tippy Dos Santos in IDoBidoo Bidoo



Teen heartthrob Sam Concepcion admits that Unitel’s comedy-musical IDoBidoo Bidoo is his biggest career break, and he is ultimately grateful that he has the promising Tippy Dos Santos as his leading lady. The movie, which features the iconic songs of the Apo Hiking Society, is topbilled by the entertainment industry’s most respectable names Gary Valenciano, Zsa Zsa Padilla, Ogie Alcasid, and Eugene Domingo and is directed by box-office director Chris Martinez.

“Tippy and I have been friends since way back. We represented the country in a festival in Korea when we were kids, and last year, we were first paired in Peter Pan. I was Peter to her Wendy,” recounts Sam. “This is such a big break and I am thankful that I have Tippy by my side to support me.”

In the movie, Sam plays Rock Polotan, who has impregnated his girlfriend Tracy Fuentebella (Tippy). Conflict starts when their families come into the picture- the affluent Fuentebella Family (Zsa Zsa and Gary) and the poor yet musically-inclined Polotan Family (Ogie and Eugene).

IDoBidoo Bidoo marks Sam’s crossover to doing more challenging and mature roles, as he was required to do his first onscreen kiss in the movie.

“Being in the business for so long, I know some people’s perception of me is that I’m still 12 or 13, but thankfully, I was blessed with this movie that I get to make people realize that I am already a grown-up,” shares the teen heartthrob. “Working with Tippy has always been a breeze. We have this rapport that comes from years of friendship.”

Asked about the kiss, Sam says “when we did the scene, I was already Rock who is madly in love with Tracy. So, it was ok. The more memorable parts are the minutes before and after the take.”

Tippy adds, “this is my first movie, so the kissing scene made me really nervous, but because it is Sam, with direk Chris as our director, everything turned out well and romantic.”

Tippy was a seasoned, yet young theater actress before showbiz discovered her. She has appeared in TV shows like Idol, Shoutout, Growing Up, among others.

Sam and Tippy are grateful that Tony Gloria and Unitel Pictures entrusted this project to them.

“Unitel brought numerous cinematic gems like Crying Ladies, La Visa Loca, and the songs of APO mirror the history of the Filipino people, until now, we can’t believe that we were tapped to be a part of this landmark movie,” gushes Sam. “This is a movie that every Filipino family should watch.”

IDo Bidoo Bidoo starts showing this August 29 in cinemas nationwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment