Adele cancels US tour due to illness

Adele has been forced to cancel her upcoming tour of the US due to an illness.

The 'Someone Like You' star has suffered a vocal cord haemorrhage. She was preparing to launch her US tour on October 7 after recently completing her shows in the UK.

New Jersey doctors told the singer that she needs more time to recover from the illness. She previously had to cancel several dates in the UK due to laryngitis.

Adele apologised to US fans in a statement, saying: "Singing is literally my life, it's my hobby, my love, my freedom and now my job. I have absolutely no choice but to recuperate properly and fully, or I risk damaging my voice forever.

"I have great confidence in believing you know how much this upsets me, how seriously I take it and how truly devastated and annoyed I am by this.

"Wanting to do something so bad and not being able to is the most frustrating thing as I'm sure you know! My voice is weak and I need to build it back up.

"I'm gonna be starting up vocal rehab as soon as [possible], and start building my overall stamina in my voice, body and mind. I will be back and I'm gonna smash the ball out the park once I'm touring again. I apologise from the bottom of my heart, sincerely I do.

"I know it's not only disappointing because of the show, but it's plane tickets, hotel bookings, birthdays, anniversaries and time wasted.

"But please have faith in me that this is the only thing I can do to make sure I can always sing and always make music for you to the best of my ability."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a343858/adele-cancels-us-tour-due-to-illness.html

No comments:

Post a Comment