Van Der Beek recalls 'Dawson' madness

James Van Der Beek has admitted that he was constantly chased by young girls during the height of Dawson's Creek's success.

The Mercy actor, who starred in the teen drama for six seasons, said that girls would chase him in their vehicles just to catch a glimpse of him.

The 32-year-old told Parade: "At the height of my TV success, I'd be going down the freeway and I'd hear a squeal from the car behind me. I'd look and there would be a mini-van full of girls chasing me.

"I didn't know who was driving, but I thought, 'Hopefully it's not their mother going, Oh, come on, girls, let's get him'."

Van Der Beek also revealed that he barely recognises himself when he watches reruns of the show.

He added: "When I watch part of a rerun, it's like another lifetime, it's like looking at old high school or baby pictures, and saying, 'Oh, who was that kid?'

"But I connected with him because I was always kind of a little bit of a dork like Dawson. I always played sports, but I was also in the glee club.

"You know, you don't do that when you're in middle school. You don't do that when you're 15. I'm still kind of shy. I'm not the type who's going to dance on your table. Now I look back and go, 'Man, why couldn't I have had all those girls in my class who loved me as Dawson?'"

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a203093/van-der-beek-recalls-dawson-madness.html

No comments:

Post a Comment