Wu Chun a rising star in movies




James Kon Feb 14th, 2010

Brunei’s very own global movie star Wu Chun has revealed that he fancies charity work this year, following his appearance in the box office hit, ‘14 Blades’ that starred Donnie Yeh.

Back in Brunei for a short break, Wu Chun took time off from his family to speak to Borneo Bulletin. He said, “I would like to focus more of my time for charity this year following the success of the movie 14 Blades. Recently in China, money has been collected from ten cinemas on 14 Blades and channelled to help the Haiti Earthquake victims. I felt that I could do more to help people in dire need.”


” If there is any local charity that needs my help, I would like to be involved,” he said.

His latest role in the martial art thriller ‘14 Blades’ as ‘Judge of the Desert’ has won even more fans over. Currently the movie directed by Daniel Lee and starring Chinese martial arts star Donnie Yeh has surpassed RMB$100 million in China while elsewhere, the movie has scored.

Wu Chun who recently received the Asia Star Award in South Korea last month at the Korea Model festival awards, the only non-Korean winner, described his role in 14 Blades. Equipped with the moon-curved blades, Wu Shun was put in dangerous fight scenes in the movie. With Wu Chun insisting on doing most of his stunts, it was a decision that almost cost him his sight. “It was a close call, the explosion came off near me and I almost lost my eyesight.”

“(But) The movie gave me a chance to work with Donnie Yeh, an icon in Chinese martial art movies. He is also my favourite Chinese martial arts star and many in the Malay community here loved the movie. Donnie is a nice guy, always giving me advice on set and since we are fitness fans.

“I have received and is considering many scripts.”

One of the four members of band Fahrenheit, Wu Chun also said, “This year Fahrenheit will come up with a new album and a number of concerts.”

While back in his home country of Brunei to celebrate the Chinese New Year, Wu Chun will also be taking part in a blood donation drive next week as well as opening a third Fitness Zone located in Serusop. Following Wu Chun to Brunei are some 30 diehard fans from China, Korea and Taiwan.

http://news.brunei.fm/2010/02/14/wu-chun-a-rising-star-in-movies/

No comments:

Post a Comment